Green’s Park is a 2-acre park located at 66 S Park Boulevard, off of M-24, south of Flint Street. This is the Village’s only park on Lake Orion, with about 560 feet of frontage. The park is one block from shopping & dining in downtown. The boat docks at Pelton's Point are a short distance too! A permit is required to use the dock. Stop by Village Hall to apply. The permit is $25.00.
The park has restrooms and a changing facility, a basketball hoop, playground area, swings, picnic tables, kayak and paddle board rentals, water fountains, grills, benches and bike racks. The beach area is enclosed by a u-shaped dock that extends out into Lake Orion. Lifeguards are on duty during the summer swim season.
A park pass is required to enter the park during the regular season. Passes for the 2019 season are $1.00 per person and are available at the Village hall during regular business hours and at the park. In addition, swim lessons are offered by the Village each summer. Registration is done at the Village hall only. Fees for passes and lessons are set by Village Council annually. Animals are not allowed in Green’s Park.
The use of Green’s Park by a group of more than ten persons that are not immediate family members of one another must be reserved at Village Hall at least one week in advance. Green's Park Group Reservation and Passes.
Green’s Park Has Four Distinct Seasons:
- No pass required 3rd Saturday in April through the Thursday before Memorial Day
- Swimming beach closed; no lifeguards; hours are Dusk to Dawn
- Buildings closed (no restroom facilities) until May 24, 2019
- Pass required Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Open Dawn to Dusk
- Beach open, weather permitting;
- Lifeguards on duty the following hours:
- School Days 3 PM to 7 PM
- Monday - Thursday 11 AM to 7 PM
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday 11 AM to 8 PM
- No pass required Day after Labor Day through the third Sunday of October
- Swimming beach closed; no lifeguards; hours are dawn to dusk
- Buildings closed (no restroom facilities) after October 1, 2019
- Day after the third Sunday in October to day before the third Saturday in April
- Swimming beach closed; no lifeguards; hours are 10 AM-6 PM
- Buildings closed (no restroom facilities)